15-Hour Basic Child Care Course
The North Dakota Department of Human Services (DHS) requires that all individuals who work in a licensed child care setting complete a 15-hour basic child care course. DHS contracts with Child Care Aware of North Dakota to deliver the course “Getting Started” that fulfills the DHS requirement.
How to Register for the “Getting Started - Basic Child Care” Course
- Visit the Search for training page at the Registry.
- Select “Statewide Training Calendar” or “Search for Training”.
- On the Search for Training page, select “Training Calendar” (not Course Catalog).
- Type “Getting Started” in the key word search box, or scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck all the course types except “Online, E-Learning”.
- Select “Locate Events”.
- Scroll through the list until you find “Getting Started”, and follow the registration instructions.
- Please note that the “Getting Started” course is delivered by Child Care Aware® ND, under the direction of the ND Department of Human Services. While you will find and register for the course at the Growing Futures Registry, you will need to contact Child Care Aware® ND directly for assistance or questions about the course. Contact Child Care Aware in these ways: