15-Hour Basic Child Care Course
The North Dakota Department of Human Services (DHS) requires that all individuals who work in a licensed child care setting complete a 15-hour basic child care course. DHS contracts with Child Care Aware of North Dakota to deliver the course “Getting Started” that fulfills the DHS requirement.
How to Register for the “Getting Started - Basic Child Care” Course
- Visit the Search for training page at the Registry.
- All currently available events are automatically listed.
- There may be multiple pages of course listings so be sure to scroll down to the bottom and view all pages to see your options.
- Scroll through the list until you find “Getting Started”, and follow the registration instructions or use the filters to narrow your search.
- Filter Training is at the left. You can filter by title, date, location, training type, and whether there is a fee. Click the + to see the options for content, type, and fee. The filter menu may be displayed as 3 lines with dots at either the right or across the center on phones and tablets.
- Type “Getting Started” in the course title search box and then click on Search at the bottom of the filter section.
- Click on View Overview for additional information or on Register and then follow the registration instructions.
- Please note that the “Getting Started” course is delivered by Child Care Aware® ND, under the direction of the ND Department of Human Services. While you will find and register for the course at the Growing Futures Registry, you will need to contact Child Care Aware® ND directly for assistance or questions about the course. Contact Child Care Aware in these ways: