Membership with Growing Futures is about professionalism. As a member, you demonstrate your commitment to the field of early childhood above and beyond minimal licensing requirements. Membership is for a one-year period and must be renewed annually. Joining is easy, online, and free.
Who Can Become a Growing Futures Member?
Membership is open to anyone who lives in North Dakota and works with children birth to age eight (providing direct or indirect service) in a variety of licensed and regulated early childhood settings:
- Family and group childcare homes
- Childcare centers
- Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- Public and private schools-pre-kindergarten to 3rd grade
- Organizations that provide training and support services to early childhood programs
- Community agencies serving children and families
- Private organizations and government agencies that impact early care and education at the local and state level
Benefits of Membership
Growing Futures members enjoy a number of exclusive benefits that Basic account holders to not receive, including:
- Access to your complete Learning Record and reports designed specifically for the national CDA Credentialing process
- Verified professional qualifications to use when looking for employment
- Career Pathways placement
- Allows you to apply to become an approved trainer and/or consultant
- Allows you to participate in the Bright & Early quality rating and improvement system. Growing Futures membership may also be required to participate in some of the support services that are offered by Child Care Aware North Dakota.
You can become a Growing Futures member at any time. The process is very simple.
- Log in to your basic account or create a new account (PDF, 373.17 KB)
- Select “Become a member” on your main page
- Complete each section of the membership profile. Remember to select “Save and Continue” at the end of each section
- On the last page, review your information and select “Submit”
Membership must be renewed every 12 months.
Career Pathways Placement
New and renewing members receive a Career Pathways placement, which is determined based on the highest level of early childhood education and training that is verified in your account. Your Career Pathways placement verifies the qualifications you bring to your work and highlights your accomplishments. Your placement is reassessed each year when you renew your membership, or at any time when you submit a request to renew your membership. Learn more about the Growing Futures Career Pathways.