According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of preschool teachers is projected to grow 7 percent from 2014 to 2024, due to a continued focus on the importance of early childhood education. There are many opportunities for you to grow a successful, rewarding career in the field of early childhood. This requires planning and preparation—and the Registry is here to help you.
All young children deserve caregivers and teachers who are well-prepared to create high quality learning environments. Adults with specialized knowledge of child development and effective early childhood teaching practices are better able to support children’s development and learning in ways that lead to healthy, positive outcomes, and to children who enter kindergarten ready to succeed.
Well prepared caregivers and teachers grow their knowledge and skill through meaningful, intentional training and education. They strive to continuously improved their skills and seek out opportunities to demonstrate their abilities.
The Growing Futures Registry is a comprehensive statewide career development system for all practitioners serving young children and their families in all program settings, including child care, Head Start and Early Head Start, public and private schools, and after-school programs.
Plan and Prepare
You have to know where you’re trying to go and have a plan to reach your destination. The Registry provides a clear framework to help you identify career options and determine the qualifications you need to be employed in the field.
- Career Pathways identify various career positions and the entry level qualifications needed
- Professional Credentials are widely recognized qualifications for employment in the field
- Higher Education takes you beyond informal preparation and broadens your career opportunities
Grow Knowledge and Skill
In every field, you need specific skills and knowledge to be prepared for the work and to be effective on the job. There are also measurements that help define what it means to be well qualified.
- Core Competencies (PDF) define what you need to know and be able to do on the job
- Quality Standards define the professional expectations for trainers, training, and program quality
Find the job that is exactly right for you. At the Registry, we want to help you showcase your skills and abilities and be career-ready.
- Become a member of the Registry to create a permanent record of your career preparation and qualifications.
- The jobs board can help you find current openings that may be perfect for you.