First Aid/CPR Training
The North Dakota Department of Human Services (DHS) determines which first aid/CPR training will be accepted toward child care licensing. The list of accepted first aid/CPR training sponsors (PDF, 134.20 KB) is updated periodically by DHS. Before you attend first aid/CPR training, check to be sure the training sponsor is accepted by DHS.
NOTE: CPR Instructor certification, EMR licenses, and so on may not meet the DHS licensing requirements to verify completion of first aid/CPR. Additional documentation may be required.
First aid/CPR training is not tracked on your Growing Futures training record, and the clock hours cannot be counted toward annual licensing training. However, you can add this information to your membership profile as a qualification on your Education tab. When you send in your first aid/CPR card, it is marked as “verified” in your profile and appears on your DHS Licensing Report.
How to Add First Aid/CPR Training to Your Membership Profile
- Log in to your Growing Futures account.
- NOTE: You can also add first aid/CPR documents when you create a new member account.
- Go to the Education section of your account and select “Edit”.
- Scroll down to the section “DHS Licensing Requirements”.
- Enter the dates you completed first aid/CPR certification.
- Be sure to select “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Then, submit a support ticket.
- Complete the request form and use the “Upload” button to upload and attach copies of your first aid/CPR card(s).
- Be sure your request includes your full name, email, phone number, and Registry ID#, and then select “Submit”.