SIDS Training Course
The North Dakota Department of Human Services (DHS) requires that all individuals who work in a licensed child care setting complete an annual training in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Be aware that not all SIDS training courses meet the DHS requirement. By taking the Child Care Aware® course “SIDS(ONLINE)”, it is assured that you will be in compliance with licensing requirements. The Guidelines for SIDS Approval (PDF, 151.44 KB) describe what must be included in a SIDS course to be accepted for licensing.
How to Register for the Course “SIDS(ONLINE)”
- Visit the Search for training page at the Registry.
- Select “Statewide Training Calendar” of “Search for Training”.
- On the Search for Training page, select “Training Calendar” (not Course Catalog).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck all the course types except “Online, E-Learning”.
- Select “Locate Events”.
- Scroll through the list until you find “SIDS(ONLINE)”, and follow the registration instructions.
- Please note that the “SIDS(ONLINE)” course is delivered by Child Care Aware® ND. While you find and register for the course at the Growing Futures Registry, you must contact Child Care Aware® ND directly if you have questions or need assistance with the course. Contact Child Care Aware in one of these ways: