SIDS Training Course
The North Dakota Department of Human Services (DHS) requires that all individuals who work in a licensed child care setting complete an annual training in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Be aware that not all SIDS training courses meet the DHS requirement. By taking the Child Care Aware® course “SIDS(ONLINE)”, it is assured that you will be in compliance with licensing requirements. The Guidelines for SIDS Approval (PDF, 151.44 KB) describe what must be included in a SIDS course to be accepted for licensing.
How to Register for the Course “SIDS(ONLINE)”
- Visit the Search for training page at the Registry.
- All currently available events are automatically listed. There may be multiple pages of course listings so be sure to scroll down to the bottom and view all pages to see your options.
- Scroll through the list until you find “SIDS(ONLINE)”, and follow the registration instructions or use the filters to narrow your search.
- Filter Training is at the left. You can filter by title, date, location, training type, and whether there is a fee. Click the + to see the options for content, type, and fee. The filter menu may be displayed as 3 lines with dots at either the right or across the center on phones and tablets.
- Type "SIDS(ONLINE)" in the course title search box and then click on Search at the bottom of the filter section.
- Click on View Overview for additional information or on Register and then follow the registration instructions.
- Please note that the “SIDS(ONLINE)” course is delivered by Child Care Aware® ND. While you find and register for the course at the Growing Futures Registry, you must contact Child Care Aware® ND directly if you have questions or need assistance with the course. Contact Child Care Aware in one of these ways:
- Use their online help desk resources.
- Submit a support ticket.
- Send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call them during regular business hours at 800-997-8515.
- IMPORTANT: If you completed the CCA online SIDS course in a previous year and need to take it again in the next licensing year, you must register for a new course from the Growing Futures Training Calendar to have the course and clock hours appear again on your DHS Licensing Report. Do not click on the link to the CCA online course you already completed that appears on your account Training tab. You will not get credit for attending again in the current year simply because you opened and reviewed the course content for the course you’d already completed. You must register for and complete a new course to have it count in the current year.