Submit a Request to Add Training to Your Record
If you attend a training or conference that was not pre-approved by the Growing Futures Registry, you may be able to add it to your training record under certain circumstances. However, do not assume that any training you attend will be added. Read the accepted training guidelines for complete details.
Training Delivered in North Dakota
Training delivered in North Dakota must be pre-approved by the Growing Futures Registry to be accepted for child care licensing renewal and ongoing professional development. Approved training will always have a unique Growing Futures Event ID#. If an in-state training does not have an Event ID#, it will not be added to your record after-the-fact.
Training Delivered Out of State
Training delivered out of state, such as at approved regional conferences or through accepted training organizations, can be added to an individual member’s record under the specific criteria outlined in the Accepted Training guidelines.
Submit a Request to Add Training
If the event you attended meets the guidelines, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Registry account.
- Select the Training Tab and then select “Edit Training”. NOTE: If your membership application is in process, you will temporarily not be able to access this feature.
- Scroll down and select “Individual Request Approval”. Complete one request form for every training you are asking to have added to your record.
- Indicate the type(s) of assessment and the delivery method.
- State the learning objectives provided by the training sponsor with the course information or at the beginning of the training materials. Learning objectives may also be called learning outcomes or goals. (Learning objectives are not the same as the course description.)
- Requests submitted without correct learning objectives will be declined.
- Upload all required documents.
- *Requests submitted without the required information and documentation will be declined. Requests that do not meet the terms defined in the Accepted Training guidelines will also be declined.
- Select “Submit.”
- Allow up to eight (8) weeks for training requests to be added to your record. Registry staff will not fast-track requests for training approval. It is up to you to submit the request in plenty of time to meet any personal deadline or requirement you may have.
How to submit an individual request to add training gives you step-by-step instructions with pictures.
*NOTE: Requests to add training to your record cannot be submitted by email, fax, or mailed to the Registry. These requests must be submitted using the Individual Request form and upload feature found by logging into your membership account. If you are unable to upload documents, it is your responsibility to find a way to do so. Requests must be submitted within three (3) months of the date you completed the training to be accepted. Training completed more than three (3) months prior to the date you submit your request will not be added to your record.